Thursday, June 15, 2006

Bug From 'A Schole-House For The Needle' 1632


The design is so old. Coincidentally, a friend managed to get hold of a facsimile of the original book, published in 1998, (ISBN 1 872665 72 1 in case you're interested).
It's a pretty little bug. I worked it mainly in Chain stitch with Flower Thread.
I'm probably repeating myself with pictures by now. If I was better organised I'd write myself a list hey? And I am pretty good about such stuff (I delude myself)... but I'm so busy! When will it stop? The business? I've just this week started a new job so it'll take me a bit to settle in. Then I have to organise my life around it with the view that this is it! This is how much time I will have from now on, and so if I am to complete the many things I desperately must complete, then I have to do it! And NOW! So... it follows that I'd better get off the computer and do some work. Trouble is, it's housework I need to do first. Boring!
My Detached Buttonhole lace star is over the main 9-patch seam to disguise it a little, or to break up the straight lines. The favourite colour and a favourite fabric too. Again with Flower Thread. I love it's delicacy, and the matt finish. It's boring if we use the same textures all of the time. Oh, and the woven grasses are a favourite piece for their texture. That colour again!
Really, I've moved into flourescent colours or light pinks at the moment, but my class girls think of that green as me because it had been for so long and it crops up in the class curriculum a lot. And I drool over it every time (907 for the initiated).

1 comment:

Lin Moon said...

These pics are so inspiring! The "aura" of the stitching is so unique and antique-y. Thanks for sharing!