Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Glimpse Of My Latest...





I'm sorry in advance, for not giving you enough... or proper pictures... and for being sketchy about the desired outcome... but it's still a little bit under wraps. I love a dramatic launching and all that, and hope to get something new and exciting and never before seen etc. into July's Jeff's Shed Vic Quilter's Bash.

The big pictures here are visual 'quotes' from a magnificent book called 'Rapt In Colour' put out by The Powerhouse Museum and The Museum of Korean Embroidery. I have mentioned it before, but say again, it's worth its weight in golden-foil-wrapped Lindt chocolate, even in plain gold. Lindt-coated gold, or vice versa.

The once-again badly photographed (pink) photo is of a little thing I'm working on to fit into another bigger thing I'm working on. The pictured from the book influenced the pink thing, and many others in between, including BC1 (Brown Cloth 1) in the cards.

I do apologise again and again with much bowing and scraping for the shonky photo, it's just that I'm impatient to add posts so as not to be boring, but I'm leaving and getting home in the dark at present.... if you could find it in your heart to forgive me I'd be most grateful. Of course I'll change the picture ASAP.

This method is 'building', which I go on about because it's so good to do. Like 'Log Cabin' but unstructured and completely organic. Go any which way you choose. Try it!

No comments: