Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Sides Of The Bag

You can see I love that Maidenhair stitch. And that good old Chevron stitch! Really, there's nothing much else here, excepting some Buttonhole (you're not getting a link to that!), some Bullions and another Maltese Cross. Er... ah... Lasy Daisy... Hmmm..? As I said before, the idea was to keep the bag chunky and fairly simple.
It annoys me how I revert to old favourites instead of TRYING OUT THE CRAZY BORDER STITCHES! What is it that I havn't done that yet after TWO extremely dedicated attempts? I'm a bit thick!
To tell you the truth, one of my favourite Crazy Quilts is stitched ONLY in Feather stitch with a wheat-gold coloured thread, like a heavy perle or silk. Beautiful. It doesn't weem to matter how well its stitched or how limited, Crazy always looks good. You can't go wrong. Carole Samples book, magnificent and the best ever though it is... is very sterile in its perfect stitching, in my opinion. My most professional, art-schooled, cleverest side of my (otherwise humble) opinion.

No comments: